OBASHI® Foundation Qualification 2 days
The OBASHI methodology provides a framework and method for capturing, illustrating and modelling the relationships, dependencies and data flows between business and information technology (IT) assets and resources in a business context. It is a formal and structured way of communicating the logical and physical relationships and dependencies between IT assets and resources (Ownership, Business Processes, Applications, Systems, Hardware, and Infrastructure) to define the business services of a modern enterprise.
OBASHI allows you to create a visual map that shows:
- how your business works
- the assets that make it work
- the inter-dependencies between those assets
With OBASHI you can design, monitor and optimize your business better; in a way which is easy to understand and, more importantly, easy to communicate across the rest of the business. Seeing how the business actually works can facilitate better decisions as a result. whether the challenge is reducing costs, driving competitive advantage or rationalising the organisation.
Who is it for?
Programme and Project Managers
Business Architects and all those who wish to gain formal recognition of their skills through achieving the OBASHI Foundation qualification
What is included?
• Personal copy of the OBASHI manual
• Pre-course Workbook that the delegate must work through before the start of the course and Study Guide
• Practitioner Exam Candidate Guidance – explaining the structure and style of the exams
• Sample exam papers
• Foundation and Practitioner Examination papers
• Stationery (A4 pad, highlighters, pop tabs, pens & pencils)
• Folder containing the course’s work and references
• Joining instructions, venue map and directions
Delegates will receive a personal copy of the OBASHI manual in advance of the course commencement date and reference to this will needed in order to complete the pre-course work.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The delegate workbook must be completed and returned to us at least 7 days prior to the course, This is a mandatory requirement as the preparatory work is an integral and significant part of the two day training programme. We recommend that you allow some 8 – 12 hours to complete this.
Unfortunately, delegates who do not return the completed workbook will not be accepted on the course.
Please remember to bring the manual to the course.
“The trainer was excellent! He brought the words to life, made them understandable and was very knowledgable about the topic” Delegate
"The trainer had a very assured and calm delivery style, providing very clear explanations of all the concepts covered by the sessions observed. A very open environment was created with the delegates who appeared to be at ease in asking questions and exposing their concerns" External quality assessor
The major benefit of OBASHI is to assist in attaining the organisation’s strategic goals by understanding the DNA of the business. Other direct benefits of modelling the organisation are the ability to:
Benefits for Individuals
Provide a structure for capturing and showing the relationships and dependencies between business assets, IT assets and resources.
Create a visual map of an organization in order to understand the current state of the business before implementing change.
Map how data flows around a business to highlight how the business works and document logical and physical relationships.
Connect silos that exist within a current operation without compromising existing IT structure.
Deliver benefits at every level of the organization and facilitate corporate strategic thinking.
Benefits for Organizations
Get a clear picture of how the business works and accurately understand cost and value of IT to the business.
Use a common language and universally understood methodology to overcome departmental silos and attain better understanding of operational risk.
Transform productivity by effectively managing budget cuts while maintaining output levels.
Offer a transparent and holistic view of the current business state when developing business cases or dealing with mergers and acquisitions.
This two-day course is designed to develop an understanding of the OBASHI method. It prepares delegates for taking the OBASHI Foundation Qualification which aims to measure whether a candidate could act as an informed member of a management team which is using the OBASHI method to understand and assess an organisation.
The course covers the principles and terminology of the OBASHI method, so that delegates may:
• Understand how OBASHI supports the Business Strategy
• Describe the benefits OBASHI can bring to an organisation
• Understand the concept of dataflow
• Be able to explain the purpose and use of a DAV and describe how it is constructed
• Recall OBASHI Core Principles and Laws of OBASHI
• List and describe the concept of Layers and Elements in OBASHI
• Be able to explain the purpose and use of a B&IT diagram and describe how it is constructed (Including use of colour)
• 50 Simple and Complex multiple-choice questions
• 60 minutes duration
• 30 correct answers out of 50 are required to pass (60%)