MoP® Management of Portfolios Practitioner Certificate 5 days
About this course
Portfolio management is defined as a coordinated collection of strategic processes and decisions that together enable the most effective balance of organisational change and business as usual.
Management of Portfolios (MoP®) considers the management of change projects and programmes from a strategic viewpoint.
It provides an overview of all change activities including what is in the portfolio, what it is costing, what risks are faced, what progress is being made, and what the impact is on business as usual and the organization’s strategic objectives.
MoP addresses the fundamental questions:
• Are we doing the right things?
• Are we doing these things right?
• Most significantly, are we realising all the benefits in terms of more effective services and efficiency savings from the changes we are implementing?
Who is it for?
All those working in a range of portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefit realisation. It is also relevant to those involved in the selection and delivery or business change initiatives: members of Management Boards, and Directors of Change; Senior Responsible Owners (SROs); portfolio, programme, project, business change and benefits managers; and business case writers and project appraisals.
What is included?
All our materials are graphically designed using Richard E Mayer’s proven principles for multimedia learning.
We have developed, revised and adjusted this material over a number of years in response to participant and trainer observations.
Materials included in your registration are:
• Refreshments and lunch during the course
• Stationery (pad, highlighters, pop tabs, pens & pencils)
• Folder containing the course’s work and references
• Foundation and Practitioner exams
• Manual P3O
• Pre-course workbook that the delegate must work through before the start of the course.
• Joining instructions, venue map and directions, syllabus and exam candidate guidance.
• Refreshments and lunches are included for non-residential delegates.
• A fully residential option is also available at our Oxford venue with study bedroom ensuite, breakfast and dinner
Pre-course workbook together with the readings from your textbook are designed to help you do worthwhile preparation before the start of the course.
Going through the recommended pre-course reading and preparation gives you a tremendous advantage by maximising the value of your course experience.
“Anne is clearly an expert at what she does and positively encourages debate with delegates, greatly enhancing the learning experience.” D.S. Delegate
Benefits for Individuals
• Ensuring successful delivery in terms of time, quality, budget and benefits realization
• Improving engagement and communication between senior management and their teams
• Offering more informed resource allocation, improved delivery and greater benefits realisation going forward
• Prioritising programmes and projects in terms of their contribution to the organisation’s strategic objectives and overall level of risk
• Providing a means for greater efficiency in the delivery of change initiatives via improved resource planning, dependency management and streamlined procedures
Benefits for Organizations
• Remove redundant, duplicated and poorly performing programmes and projects
• Improve coordination of existing functions and processes
• Ensure constrained resources are allocated to optimize strategic impact, coordinate delivery and maintain strategic alignment
• Invest in programmes and projects in the context of the current environmental conditions and better coordinate • investment in programmes and projects
• Improve the management of risk and encourage collaborative working
• Enhance transparency, accountability and corporate governance
The purpose of this MoP Practitioner certified training course is to confirm that you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP guidance and to analyse portfolio data, documentation and roles in relation to a scenario situation. You should, with suitable support, be able to advise on the implementation of appropriate practices and techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio.
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of portfolio management roles. The Foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification.
• Multiple choice
• 50 questions per paper
• 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
• 40 minutes duration
• Closed book
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP guidance and to analyse portfolio data, documentation and roles in relation to a scenario situation. You should, with suitable support, be able to advise on the implementation of appropriate practices and techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio, but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Your individual expertise, the complexity of the portfolio, and the support provided will also influence the impact the Practitioner can achieve.
• Objective testing
• 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question - all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80
• 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
• 3 hours duration
• Open book exam (MoP guide only)
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|London||9:00AM – 5:00PM||£2,500.00||
9:00AM – 5:00PM
£2,500.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » Available
|Register Now » Available|