M_o_R® Management of Risk Practitioner Certificate 5 days
About this course
More organisations than ever are now recognising the need to understand and manage the risks that they are faced with. It is no longer appropriate to ignore these risks and expect to avoid the consequences and there is a growing acknowledgement that more consistent approaches to risk and its management would improve organisational performance.
Who is it for?
Business managers of any discipline at all levels including: strategic planners, project and programme managers, business continuity planners, auditors and anyone responsible for ensuring effective corporate governance
What is included?
All our materials are graphically designed using Richard E Mayer’s proven principles for multimedia learning, developed and revised over the last nine years in response to client and trainer feedback.
• Stationery (A4 notebook, highlighters, pop tabs, pens & pencils)
• Folder containing the course’s work and references
• Foundation and Practitioner Exams
• Pre-course workbook that you must work through before the start of the course.
• Joining instructions, venue map and directions, syllabus and exam candidate guidance.
• Lunches and refreshments are included for non-residential delegates.
• A fully residential option is also available with study bedroom ensuite, breakfast and dinner
This is a broad qualification and no specific experience of risk management is required, although an awareness of the issues involved would be beneficial.
“I thoroughly enjoyed my training with pearcemayfield. The trainer was knowledgeable and engaging and made sure that no one was left behind. Questions were answered extensively with the use of the trainers prior knowledge which was invaluable in the learning process. I would definitely recommend this training provider to colleagues.” Delegate
“The trainer had a very assured and calm delivery style, providing very clear explanations of all the concepts covered by the sessions observed. A very open environment was created with the delegates who appeared to be at ease in asking questions and exposing their concerns.” Independent Quality Assessor
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Understand the need for the proactive management of risk
• Understand who is involved in risk management
• Apply the principles of management of risk in any area
• Use the process based approach in developing a framework for the management of risk
• Understand and apply techniques for the management of risk
The aim of this course is to provide you with a complete and practical understanding of the management of risk.
The course follows the standard syllabus issued by the APM Group, which focuses on the Management of Risk framework and how this might be applied pragmatically to real business situations.
The course is delivered in a stimulating and highly interactive manner with many real life examples used to illustrate the subject. There is a high degree of delegate participation, examination preparation and practice. It will include:
• Introduction and background to M_o_R
• M_o_R framework (principles, approach based on risk documentation, process steps and embedding and reviewing
• M_o_R principles
• Outline of M_o_R approach documents (including policy, process guide and risk communications plan)
• Risk identification, assessment and control
• Embedding and reviewing M_o_R
• M_o_R organisational perspectives (strategic, programme, project, operational)
• M_o_R roles and responsibilities
• M_o_R health check
• M_o_R maturity model
• Risk specialisms (including business continuity management)
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm that a candidate is able to demonstrate a knowledge and comprehension of the four elements of the M_o_R framework - Principles, Approach, Processes, Embedding and reviewing - and how they support corporate governance. A Foundation level pass is also a prerequisite for sitting the Practitioner qualification.
• Multiple choice
• 75 questions per paper
• 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
• 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) - 50%
• 60 minutes duration
• Closed book
The purpose of the Practitioner level is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor M_o_R in a scenario situation.
• Objective testing
• 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
• 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
• Three hours duration
• Candidates may make use of the Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners (the Management of Risk 'guide'), published by TSO, together with the APMG guidance document ABC Guide Part A Example Techniques. No material other than the Question Booklet, the Scenario Booklet, the Answer Booklet and the two guides is to be used
|Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Status|
|London||9:00AM – 5:00PM||£1,545.00||
9:00AM – 5:00PM
£1,545.00 exc. VAT
Register Now » Available
|Register Now » Available|